Team spirit, passion, respect & communication. If these values are important to you, then you would love to work at BlueCall. We are a purpose-driven, exciting, and fast-growing Swedish company. We are committed to our vision of making millions of people over the world happy by working on their mental health proactively.
BlueCall wants to be the No 1 mental health partner for global companies focused on preventative and proactive mental health care for their employees. We empower the leaders and employees with simple, actionable, and measurable digital tools to create lasting positive habits and become a happier workforce.
BlueCall 360 mental health solutions consist of:
- the BlueCall App helps users improve their wellbeing by talking to a therapist or by using our digital tools to strengthen their mental skills
- product and services outside the app e.g. organizational-level stress tests, webinars, and customer reporting
As we continue to grow, we are looking for talented engineers. In this role, you will work in close collaboration with the Product and report directly to our CTO. You will be part of a Cross Functional team and work on different initiatives, so you will be able to expand your knowledge in several areas.
Our Apps are live in the stores (iOS / Android) we are always working on improvements and adding new features, we also have a new Back Office Web App that we are continuously working on. In addition our roadmap has many other new initiatives that we are excited to work on.
Your responsibilities as Senior Back End Developer
- Architectural design and implementation of new features, refactors and fixes and reason about the solution adopted.
- Architecting servers and services that enable new product features.
- Design Database Model to enable new features and improvements
- Quality of all code produced, with regards to performance, reliability, scalability, maintainability and readability.
- Write tests for components and modules.
- Helping colleagues to improve their work, in particular through code reviews, but also by taking interest in their work and by being helpful.
- Contributing to the overall plan for the company, by breaking goals down into tasks, estimate their complexity and deliver in a timely manner.
We believe that you
- Have strong knowledge and development experience in these technologies
- Design REST APIs
- AWS Environment and Tools
- Have in mind:
- Security & Privacy
- TDD & DDD
- Know best practices and tools to use for effectively running the mentioned technologies.
- Have attention to detail (quality of your code, sensitivity with design implementation, test your own code before handing it over for review, etc.).
- Are eager to work on different initiatives, have curiosity and willingness to learn and share knowledge.
- You are not tied to your job description, you roll up your sleeves and help out where it is needed.
- Are a team player, you know you are a key part for keeping things going and respect other team member’s work and time.
- Feel comfortable working in Agile environments with plenty of things going on and fast release cycles.
- Are used to working in a remote team. And know how and when to use the different tools in the different scenarios.
- Have good communication skills and good level of English.
- Are a go-getter. Unless you're an expert in all the above, you'll need to pick up a few things along the way.
- Are hands-on. You prefer doing over talking.
- AWS (EB)
- Start: ASAP
- Scope: Fulltime, 3 months probationary period
- Location: Remote within Timezone (UTC+1) +/- 1 hours
Swedish-owned BlueCall was founded in 2016 and has the vision to help millions of people around the world to better well-being through innovative digital products. Our products are aimed at employers who want to create sustainable employees by preventing mental illness. We were listed in 2019 as one of the Nordic region's best Impact startups, have already established strong collaborations with well-known companies, and plan to grow internationally in 2022. BlueCall has 70 customers, including Ica Försäkring, Zmarta, Rituals, and McDonalds among others.